Mexican Style Corn
You will need:
2-3 Ears of corn, shucked and silk removed
3 tbsp. Mayonnaise
2 tsp. Kosher salt (for seasoning)
A pinch of Kosher Salt (to season water)
1 G. Cold Water
1 tsp. Chili powder
½ c. Grated Pepperjack cheese or Cojita cheese
A handful of Cilantro, picked and chopped
2 tbsp. Grapessed or canola oil
- In a large pot bring the water and ¼ cup of salt to a boil.
- Gently lay the corn into the pot, careful not to splash yourself and allow to boil rapidly for about 5 minutes or until the corn kernels take on a bright golden color.
- Remove from the pot and place on a tray with a paper towel to blot off the remaining moisture.
- In a hot cast iron pan, or grill skillet add the cooking oil and bring up to almost smoking. Lay the corn down one at a time and rotate every few minutes. Note: The corn will spatter and hiss, be careful not to get smacked with an exploding kernel of corn.
- Once the corn is golden brown (and a litter charred, even better!) brush it with the mayonnaise, and season generously with the salt and chili.
- Lay onto your serving tray in whatever fashion you feel like and add copious amounts of cheese, cilantro and a couple squeezes of lime juice.
- Eat away with friends and family and let them marvel at your wonderful skills!